The conceptual architecture of the FERMIS is presented to the following Figures. In more details, the system will consist of:
- The FERMIS Aerial sensing system – capable of collecting a wide range of fire-related information (IR imagery, chemical compositions, atmospheric data, wind data, etc.) which will be transferred in real-time to the central Command station, with Geo-ref and time tagging.The sensing system shall be small enough to be carried onboard a mini UAV and in-tegrated with an on-board microprocessor, designed and implemented to process the required analog and digital sensors, and providing the interface with the UAV and data transmission.
- The UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) – an existing solution by Bluebird Aero Systems Ltd.
- A digital data transmission system – to transfer all fire-related information to the Ground Station, including the high-resolution IR images, in real-time (Today, the digital video link does not support images transfer). The data transmission system includes both the ADT (Aerial Data Terminal) that will be integrated in the UAV and the GDT (Ground Data Terminal) that will be connected to the GCS (Ground Control Station) of the UAV.
- The Ground Control Station - able to monitor the UAV, receive the relayed infor-mation and control the UAV for the execution of the mission. This unit shall be based on Bluebird's advanced GCS application, with integration to the new developed Central FERMIS application.
- FERMIS Locator Units – shall be carried by the fire-fighter teams and transmitting contiguous GPS location. The transmission will be received by the FERMIS airborne sensing unit and the data will be sent to the FERMIS application. The UAV will also be able to lock on designated Locator unit ID, when required.
- FERMIS Ground Fire Analysis Station– A stand alone platform which will receive information from the UAV Ground Control Station and operate it against the Data Analysis Software designed for early fire detection, prevention, monitoring, prediction and fighting. The Software shall be tailored to receive the real-time information from the cloud-based network connected UAV ground stations, and perform the analysis for real-time situational awareness and determining plume shape and forecasting, based on image processing capabilities, orthophoto generation, automated change detection capabilities and real-time / post-mission data analysis. The analysis shall result in better decisions and improved fire-fighting event management. The Software shall also have the ability of interpreting the past (e.g. similar events and decisions in past) in order to improve the decision making process.
Conceptual Architecture of FERMIS framework
The FERMIS main components